The club has 4 places available through England Athletics for the 2020 Virgin Money London Marathon. As in previous years, places will be allocated via a ballot (with winners to be drawn the club’s Christmas Party on 7th December).
The ballot is free to enter but please note though there are certain criteria which you need to satisfy in order to be considered in the ballot so please check that you satisfy ALL criteria before entering. These are:
1. Must be a fully signed up member of Clapham Chasers for at least 1 Year.
2. Must be affiliated with England Athletics as a 1st claim Clapham Chaser.
3. Must have been rejected from the official VMLM 2020 ballot. Should you be one of the 4 lucky winners, you will be asked to provide evidence of your registration in the main ballot. Either your initial registration email or your rejection letter/email will be accepted.
4. Must not have run either the 2018 or 2019 London Marathons, either via the main ballot, Good-For-Age, Championship, Charity or the club ballot.
5. Must have volunteered in 2019 at two of the major club events (TR20, 5ks of Christmas, Thorpe Park triathlon, Total Motion Aquathlon, Velopark Duathlon, etc.) or regularly* volunteer at weekly club sessions (Team 10k, Monday Social Run, etc.) or regularly* make a contribution to the running of the club in other ways (weekly results write-up, arranging socials, etc.)
*we realise the term 'regularly' is vague so if you're unsure please check with a member of the committee
If you are lucky enough to be drawn from the ballot for a place, you will need to pay for your place (at the usual London Marathon entry price) via a special portal which the Club Secretary will contact you about.